Jewelry, flowers and breakfast in bed are all great ways to say “I love you” to Mom this Mother’s Day. And if you’re looking for some other ideas to mix it up this year, here are a few suggestions:
- Is your Mom a great cook? Flattery will get you everywhere – ask Mom to share all her tips and tricks for the perfect lasagna while bonding in the kitchen. Handing down old family recipes is a special way to share the day. Creating a recipe book of family favorites is a great way to step this idea up a notch!
- Mother’s Day is all about family – so how about a game night or movie night featuring Mom’s favorite film and snacks? Surprise Mom with a slideshow of family photos before the feature presentation!
- Create a photo album or scrapbook – this is a great project for kids of any age. Download all those family photos and put them in a special book to present to Mom. Better yet – surprise Mom with a family photo shoot to capture some new memories!
- Build an iPod playlist for Mom with all her favorite tunes.
- Mother’s Day weekend is the perfect time to get planting. Take Mom out to pick out her favorite plants and give her a hand in the garden.
Have a great idea to share? Add a comment about how you’re celebrating Mom!