The lazy, hazy days of summer are coming to an end. And that signals the start of a new school year. Children, no matter their age, are likely to greet the start of school with a mix of anxiety and enthusiasm.
Quick tips to get kids ready for school
• Whether they walk to school, ride their bikes or take a bus, go over important safety tips.
• Help lighten the load by ensuring they have an adequate backpack.
• Help them develop – and stick to – regular habits when it comes to sleep, exercise, nutrition and doing their homework.
• Make sure they have a quiet place where they can study with no distractions.
• Help them enjoy a healthy school year by making sure they’re up to date on all their vaccines.
No bullies allowed
Sadly, bullying and cyberbullying seem to be on the rise. Talk to your child about how to stand up to bullies in a safe way. And remind them that it’s never OK to bully anyone, anywhere.
Thank you to The American Academy of Pediatrics and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.