We LOVE black kitties—but the sad truth is that not everyone feels the same way. Due to outdated (and incorrect) myths and superstitions, black cats have a really hard time getting adopted. That’s why we were so glad to learn that today is Black Cat Appreciation Day!
To celebrate this holiday, we put together just a few of the many reasons we appreciate these raven-coated kitties:
- Black cats go with everything—and they’ll never go out of style!
- You can tell your kids you adopted a miniature panther.
- Their fur won’t show on your little black dress.
- In most cultures, black cats are a sign of good luck.
- Black cats are just as loving, sweet and wonderful as any other cat!
We hope you will join us in celebrating Black Cat Appreciation Day by heading to your local shelter and bringing home a black cat (or any pet that needs a loving home)!
Just click here to check out the kitties at the Bangor Humane Society or stop by your local shelter.