Apple Slice Cookies
Easy, healthy and your kids can help make these! Set up a “salad bar” of toppings and your only limit is your imagination. Make the topping choices nutritious or maybe sneak in a few M&Ms? It’s all about what you want.
The recipe below is just one variation. Maybe try almond butter or Nutella spread. How about slices of banana on the peanut butter? This would make a great snack or dessert!
- 1 Red Delicious Apple
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Chopped Walnut Pieces
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Try some other toppings – use your imagination!
- Cut the core from the apple (or cut out the cores from each piece after slicing).
- Slice the apple into ¼ inch slices using a large knife.
- Optional – If you’re worried about the apples turning brown, place the slices in a zip lock bag and toss with a squirt of lemon juice.
- Set each of the apple slices onto a sheet of paper towel and blot the tops dry with another paper towel.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter on each apple slice.
- Then top with a generous amount of coconut flakes, and some walnuts and mini chocolate chips.
source: rachaelshultz.com and onelittleproject.com