There is some nasty weather coming! We want everyone to be aware and safe. Below are some great resources. If you can help it, just don’t travel!
NOAA [National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration] WEATHER WATCHES, ADVISORIES and WARNINGS:
- A winter weather advisory has been issued for the entire State of Maine
HAZARDS: Severe/Extreme Weather
- Flash Freeze: Plummeting Temperatures
- Mixed Precipitation: Rain/Snow/Sleet/Freezing Rain
- Frozen and snow-clogged culverts
- Ice jams
- Dangerous Travel Conditions: Ice, sleet, freezing rain, snow. Travel impacts could be very high due to ice formation on roadways.
- Increased Snow Load on Roofs: Possible roof damage/collapse