Vicki Kolenik RN, BSN, Employee Health and Wellness Manager and Organ Bank Liaison, St. Joseph Healthcare, has 5 pieces of great advice for those considering donating an organ or tissue to save another life. The two best resources for information are:
Vicki also highly recommends that potential donors consider these 5 tips:
- Research the facts around organ and tissue donation and decide if you truly want to be a donor
- If you decide to donate, register at: https://registerme.org.
- Inform your family of your decision. Families are more comfortable with the process if they are aware of your wishes.
- If any member of your family is interested in making a living donation (e.g. – donating a kidney or part of a liver), point them toward the appropriate resources.
- If you have any questions at all, the team at New England Donor Services is available to you – call 1.800.446.6362.
If you’d like to speak with Vicki, feel free to contact her at 207.907.1460.